RSG Electronic Components GmbH (“we”, “us” and “our”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy (together with our terms and conditions and any other documents referred to in it) sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
Who are RSG?
RSG is part of the discoverIE Group plc. („group“). Therefore, “we”, “us” and “our” always includes the group.
RSG is headquartered in Germany and sells products and services worldwide.
For the purpose of GDPR the data controller is RSG Electronic Components GmbH, Sprendlinger Landstraße 115, 63069 Offenbach, Germany.
What information will RSG collect from me?
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our website www.rsg-electronic.com (“our site”). This includes information provided when you submit the contact us form or the sign up for our newsletter form.
- Information when you enter a competition or promotion.
- Information when you report a problem with our site.
- Correspondence if you contact us.
- Surveys that we use for research purposes.
- Details of transactions of the fulfilment of your orders.
- Details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, and the resources that you access.
Personally identifiable Information
We will store your personal data, such as name, email address and company name, in a secure database. We will not share your personal details outside of RSG, except in the circumstances mentioned below.
If you have signed up for our newsletters, we use third-party software to send out our emails, and so your email address will be stored securely by our third-party provider. We will not pass on or sell your email address to any other company.
What will the information be used for?
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer, and to personalise our service to you.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To administer our services and records and administer any prize draws or competitions you may enter.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
- To respond to any submission, comment or complaint you make to or about RSG or its products or services.
Our website will give you detailed information about how we will contact you in relation to specific services, activities or online content.
In what circumstances will RSG disclose the information?
We may disclose your personal information to third parties in the following circumstances:
- Third-party processors engaged to assist us in carrying out business activities, located anywhere in the world, subject to the requirements noted below.
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If we or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by us about our customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our terms and conditions and other agreements, or to protect the rights, property, or safety of RSG, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
- To carry out any obligations arising from any contracts entered into by you and us.
Where is the data stored and who processes it?
Where you have chosen a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site – any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information we will use strict procedures and security features to mitigate against unauthorised access.
If there is a data breach and your personal information has been compromised, we will let you know within 72 hours.
What are my rights?
You have the right to ask us
- not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. If you have signed up to receive marketing emails from us, you can unsubscribe at any time.
- what information we hold about you.
- to rectify any information we hold that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- to provide you with your information in a format that you can send to another company.
- to remove any personally identifiable information on you (however, this will mean we cannot then do any business with you).
If you wish to exercise any of the rights mentioned here, please email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from our sites of our partner networks and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
How long will RSG keep my personal information?
We will hold your personal information on our systems for as long as is necessary to comply with any legislative requirement for the relevant activity, or as long as is set out in any relevant contract you hold with us.
Where you contribute material to us, we will generally only keep your information for as long as is reasonably required for the purpose(s) for which it was submitted. For example, we will only keep copies of entries to a competition for the duration of the competition.
Who do I contact?
Analysis tools and advertising
This website uses functions of the web analysis service Google Analytics. The provider of this service is Google Ireland Limited (“Google”), Gordon House, Barrow Street, Dublin 4, Ireland.
Google Analytics enables the website operator to analyze the behavior patterns of website visitors. To that end, the website operator receives a variety of user data, such as pages accessed, time spent on the page, the utilized operating system and the user’s origin. Google may consolidate these data in a profile that is allocated to the respective user or the user’s device.
Google Analytics uses technologies that make the recognition of the user for the purpose of analyzing the user behavior patterns (e.g., cookies or device fingerprinting). The website use information recorded by Google is, as a rule transferred to a Google server in the United States, where it is stored.
This analysis tool is used on the basis of Art. 6 Sect. 1 lit. f GDPR. The operator of this website has a legitimate interest in the analysis of user patterns to optimize both, the services offered online and the operator’s advertising activities. If a corresponding agreement has been requested (e.g., an agreement to the storage of cookies), the processing takes place exclusively on the basis of Art. 6 para. 1 lit. a GDPR; the agreement can be revoked at any time.
Data transmission to the US is based on the Standard Contractual Clauses (SCC) of the European Commission. Details can be found here:
On this website, we have activated the IP anonymization function. As a result, your IP address will be abbreviated by Google within the member states of the European Union or in other states that have ratified the Convention on the European Economic Area prior to its transmission to the United States. The full IP address will be transmitted to one of Google’s servers in the United States and abbreviated there only in exceptional cases. On behalf of the operator of this website, Google shall use this information to analyze your use of this website to generate reports on website activities and to render other services to the operator of this website that are related to the use of the website and the Internet. The IP address transmitted in conjunction with Google Analytics from your browser shall not be merged with other data in Google’s possession.
You can prevent the recording and processing of your data by Google by downloading and installing the browser plugin available under the following link:
For more information about the handling of user data by Google Analytics, please consult Google’s Data Privacy Declaration at:
Objection to the recording of data
You have the option to prevent the recording of your data by Google Analytics by clicking on the following link. This will result in the placement of an opt out cookie, which prevents the recording of your data during future visits to this website: Google Analytics deactivation.
Contract data processing
We have executed a contract data processing agreement with Google and are implementing the stringent provisions of the German data protection agencies to the fullest when using Google Analytics.
Demographic parameters provided by Google Analytics
This website uses the “demographic characteristics” function of Google Analytics, to be able to display to the website visitor compatible ads within the Google advertising network. This allows reports to be created that contain information about the age, gender, and interests of the website visitors. The sources of this information are interest-related advertising by Google as well as visitor data obtained from third-party providers. This data cannot be allocated to a specific individual. You have the option to deactivate this function at any time by making pertinent settings changes for advertising in your Google account or you can generally prohibit the recording of your data by Google Analytics as explained in section “Objection to the recording of data”.
Data on the user or incident level stored by Google linked to cookies, user IDs or advertising IDs (e.g., DoubleClick cookies, Android advertising ID) will be anonymized or deleted after 14 month. For details, please click the following link: